Monday, June 29, 2009

Mountains

Man, I miss mountains! I'm sitting here in my hotel room in Phoenix and loving the "dry" heat at 113 F (the news said the high was 108F), gazing at the mountains around Phoenix!

Now remember, the heat in the desert is dry, so it is much easier to enjoy than the humid heat in Texas - HAH - that's a joke - Hot is Hot! Regardless, the desert and the mountains have brightened my day. Kept me out of a melancholy mood! I know, it IS the simple things in life that makes us happy!

What makes you happy dear reader/visitor? Please post in the comments. I would love to know.

Jim

6 comments:

Watts Family said...

Glad you're enjoying Phoenix, I can't take that kind of heat. We lived there for almost 18 months and I thought I was going to bake to death. I much prefer the humid summers in Texas and Tennessee than the scorching heat of the desert.

But that's not what you were asking now was it? :) Trees make me happy, and being close to the water. I'm a Northwest girl to the core. I LOVE our house in TN because we have a lovely tree view.

Bert said...

I agree, heat is heat. When serving is texas I always thought it wasn't as hot as nevada! And that was wearing a suit jacket! Why are you in AZ?

Anonymous said...

The beach makes me happy.... It could be packed with people but it all becomes oblivious when I can see and hear the ocean and smell the salt air. :)

Larry said...

you are only happy if you think you are

Christina Price said...

Happiness comes from within, or so they say? Good to talk with you this morning. I love you and have a great time in your travels this week!

Buffy

Janadt.Huggins said...

Elliot's giggle makes me happy and being with dear friends, like the Price family.