Sunday, June 14, 2009

Middle

So here it is the middle of the month! June is flying by, with no signs of slowing down.

Next week I'm in Pennsylvania (all over the place) for audits. The following week, I'm in Minnesota for audits, and the last week of the month, I will be in Tempe, AZ! I'm hoping to hook up and see some friends from my "past" in Vegas - Lisa and Jerry. I have my fingers crossed that everything will work out so that we can see each other. It's really been a long time since I saw both of them, and now they have girls that neither Princess nor I have ever met!

This past week was very busy at work and at home. We're prepping for the visit from Princesses parents, their four dogs, and cat! The mail box door broke off two weeks ago, I contracted with someone to come out and fix it and guess what, they never showed up. So I took matters into my own hands on Friday, spending the day to "rip" out (literally) the old box from the brick holder! Let me tell you that was a lot of hard work! Once I got it out, I thought "now I can put the new one back in"! HA! Not a chance. I'm still gonna need a brick mason to come out, disassemble the brick work, install the new one, and then rebuild the mailbox brick work! Lesson here, never, I mean never build your mailbox into a brick home! Something goes wrong and boy are you up a creek!

On a somber note, I've been thinking a lot about my Mom and Dad. We're coming up on the one year anniversary of her passing. I can't believe a whole year has gone by - it seems and feels just like it was yesterday! I talk to dad at least once a week and he seems to be doing pretty good - I miss him and my family, but just so fortunate to have Princess to ground me.

Well campers - happy travels, happy experiences this next week - and ya'll be safe out there!
Jim

3 comments:

TonyaKuykendall said...

I can suggest a few good masons if you are looking...

Shawnie said...

Kyle and I had this problem. After Kyle tore out the metal mail box, he could not get the new one in. So he cut off the back of the new mail box so it could be contorted enough to get into the hole. Then he just filled in the front with mortar. It's been a couple years and has worked fine.

Bert said...

you could always fly me down there and I could fix it for ya! It can't be that hard! I can't wait to see you guys and have the whole family together once again.