Friday, June 26, 2009

Happy Birthday Dad!

To My Father:

Although we may be far apart, Although we may not speak each day. I am reminded of the great man that you are and the example that you have been not just for me, but for your entire family. Your love and sacrifice are noted with heartfelt thanks.

Just a year ago, we sat with you, as your best friend, your spouse, your mate and eternal companion lie in a room waiting to be united with loved ones who had crossed over. It was your birthday. You wouldn't leave her side to even go somewhere and have dinner. This image is burned in my mind, and saved through the miracles of photography. You, clasping her hand, with strength and tenderness. You worrying about Mom and the rest of us, and the people that would come to pay honor to her life and legacy. You, an example and you didn't even know it. How grateful I am to have been born your son.

I am grateful for technology that let's us ring up one another and catch up on the week or the day we've had. I'm grateful for letters, and cards, and for the times we get to spend together.

On your day, the day you were blessed to be the son of Jim and Isidora Price, I wish you Love. I wish you Happiness. I wish you prosperity. I wish you Health. I wish I were there to celebrate with you, but I'm not, so please know how much I and your loving daughter-in-law Love you and wish you the Happiest Birthday a Man, a Son, A Brother, A Father could ever know.

I Love you Dad.

Jim

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Mr. Price!