Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Another...

Year older and wiser...isn't that how the saying goes? Well yesterday I celebrated (albeit quietly at my choosing) my 42nd birthday. Not depressed. Not blue. Just very sedate. Probably cause we had such a good night on Saturday for Princesses celebration that I decided that I wanted quiet.

We had Rosati's Chicago style pizza for dinner. Princess bought me an ice cream cake from B&R (chocolate cake with chocolate chip ice cream) decorated with Lightening McQueen and Sally from "CARS". It was really cool and great.

What did I do to celebrate you ask? I took the day off - slept in, showered - no shaving - picked up the house a bit - and then ironed from the ironing basket while watching "When Harry Met Sally". I love that flick. I also played some computer games and I watched some HGTV, all the while it rained cats and dogs until about 12:30.

I ate junk for lunch and just really enjoyed the whole thing. Princess got me X-Men 3 and some new cologne (of course from the Sadie and Sasha too). My sister called to wish me a happy day, along with the "old woman" (Linda my mother-in-law). And then about 10:30, Mom called to wish me a Happy Birthday also. Was I mad about the after 9:00 pm call? Not! Even though everyone knows my rules (no calls after 9:00 unless emergency), but for Mom, exceptions are made and gladly so. Also, My Breast Friend Debra from school called - we talked for about 40 minutes and it seemed like seconds. Can't wait to see her, LJ, and their brood when we go home for Christmas.

Speaking of Christmas - Princess is finally...and I mean finally going to a stamping party and will be making all kinds of cool stuff. I hope that this is her foray into scrapbooking and re-invigorating her crafting gene. I'm hoping that she will get ideas for Christmas crafts, etc. and that she will then work on all the wood projects that we own and are not even started! (I know, evil nagging husband gene just reared it's ugly head.

Have a great one

3 comments:

J & M Shumate Family said...

Loved your blog! You and Melanie are too cute...and so in love! I smiled that she got you a CARS cake...COOL! I hope you get to take Melanie to New Zealand and Aussie with you. That would ROCK!
P.S. Sarah had commented on your blog...I was smiling when I saw that she was a blogger too. Have you checked her site lately? Check it out! MALAAN

J & M Shumate Family said...

ok..I don't think the ultrasound is Sarah's...I'm a dork...MALAAN.

Anonymous said...

Just checking out the Texas Price Tags. Sorry I missed your birthday. Happy Be-Lated and hope it was great. You are such a big kid. I love it. What are your holiday plans? Are you guys doing the christmas party. I haven't thought much about a new years eve. We definitely need a game night though. You guys are too fun.