Monday, July 10, 2006

Kindred Spirits

As part of my job, sometimes I have to travel to great places for meetings. Such is the case today. I am in Chicago for a group meeting and to work on some training on one of the programs we use in our group.

I am not one of those people that gets on a plane, crosses their arms and never says a word to the person next to them. I greet them, introduce myself and then ask why they are traveling to our destination - work, fun, family, or a stop-over on their way to some other exotic destination. Well today was no different, after flying from Waco to Houston and boarding my flight to Chicago, I followed my routine, and got to know "Gina" my seat mate in 14E. We had about a three hour plane ride, and before you know it we were descending into Chicago - we talked like old friends and she had me laughing so hard, I almost wet myself at a couple of points in her stories. It's good to know there are Kindred Spirits out there on our tiny little rock hurtling through space.

I got to the hotel, did some work, hooked up with my co-worker, did some more work with her to finish off part of our project we worked on together, got some dinner and now I'm posting - all in all, a good day. Just said goodnight to Princess and now I'm off to bed.

Jim

No comments: