Saturday, July 01, 2006

All Work?

After our trip to New York, I was in Waco for a couple of weeks with one business trip to Mexico to perform an audit (speaking, reading and writing in Espanol really has it's perks). Life for us returned to "normal" with the travel being a bit quieted down.

Now Princess and I weren't blessed with children, although we tried for 11 years. I look at it as the fact the Heavenly Father blesses us in other ways, good health, good jobs, ability to serve in Church, etc. Well that brings us to Mother's day and Father's day. For Mother's day, we had torrential downpours, flooding, and lightening (it was just a week after the Tornado touched down twice, once in Waco, once in Robinson) and we just kind of hung low. For Father's day weekend, Princess and I along with two dear friends from my work (single gals, but not that way), decided to book a bed and breakfast down in Fredericksburg, TX for the weekend. Lynn, found a beautiful house with no host on site, Holly's Haus, and we had the place to ourselves from Friday PM to Sunday noon.

For those who do not know me, I have never been a "bed and breakfast kind of guy". I always worried about sharing a bathroom with strangers, etc. Well this changed me. We loved the whole weekend. The house was so charming and cute, we went sightseeing, had great German food, shopped, relaxed, played cards, etc. The house has this charming front porch and both mornings we all met out there with bed head and jammies, Lynn drinking her coffee, the rest of us sipping some water or juice - a lovely time.

We came home, I hopped a plane the next morning to Jersey, with...a...cold!!! I am now on the mend, almost 14 days after the trip. My Dr. wouldn't give me anything, said "It needs to run it's course, take decongestants, rinse your nose/nasal cavity with saline solution, drink lot's of fluids and get some rest. I feel much better today, and I think this has something to do with the change from easterly winds to southerly winds and a WHOLE lot more humidity.

The year is now half gone - ?How many days till Christmas? Ha Ha! Tonight it is off to Lynn's self thrown retirement party from work - she is going through some very mixed emotions, so Princess has made one of her superb cakes, I just made my first seven layer salad (or as I call it Guaca-crap! It was fun, Princess letting me into her kitchen to help, and even though this kitchen is bigger than our kitchen from the house in Vegas, it just goes to show that kitchens can never be toooooo big! Our next house the kitchen will be MUCH bigger!

I'll try to post more often - check out the pictures from Fredericksburg in the Flickr window

Jim

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.