Sunday, May 09, 2010

More Happy Mother's Day

This was what the front looked like before

After I surprised Princess for Mother's Day


I planted five Daylilies (red blooms) and seven Gallardia


This is one of the Gallardia, Arizona something or other

This is the other Gallardia, I don't remember it's name
Lessons learned
1) It's good to surprise your wife while she out of town on business
2) Pick a day when it's not a sweltering 92F and your house faces due west
3) I'm old, fat and out of shape, trust me, my body is killing me
4) I only plant perennials, I want to do it once and then maintain
5) I'm the luckiest man in the world. Princess loved them and was super happy.




4 comments:

Kim and DeAnn said...

Sheri L. Dew, “Are We Not All Mothers?,” Ensign, Nov 2001, 96

a must read and enjoy!

Stamp With Linz said...

*VERY* Pretty! Good work, Jim!

Janadt.Huggins said...

Love it Love it love it. I want some in my yard now.

Jeanette said...

They are beautiful. Hurray for flowers.