Wednesday, March 10, 2010

NZED Twenty Ten

My official post from the land next door to the land down under! I'm on my last day, it's Thursday 11 March 2010, and I head home tomorrow. It's been a great trip, seeing some beautiful countryside from the car and from the sky.

Yesterday on our drive to the bay of plenty, we drove by the town of Matamata, which is the site of the "SHIRE" from the Lord of the Rings movies by Peter Jackson. We didn't stop, didn't have time, but you could see the hills that formed the rolling countryside.

I went to Church again in Hamilton, this time to the Claudelands Ward, and not the Hamilton East Ward. I met some really nice people, and had a really great Fast and Testimony meeting. Boy can the Saints sing in Sacrament meeting - their voices were bouncing off the walls - it was awe inspiring.

I'm a little sad to go home cause it is so beautiful here, but I'm happy too, cause I get to see my Princess and my girls! It's been a long two weeks.

I'm grateful to my Heavenly Father for safe journey thus far, and for having such a wonderful loving wife to put up with the five minute phone call and the occasional post on Facebook. See you all in the Lone Star State.

Jim
'

1 comment:

Kim and DeAnn said...

save travels and enjoy home!