Thursday, January 07, 2010

Twenty Ten

Get it, 2010!

It's a brand new year, Lot's of opportunities, activities, wants, desires, wishes and yes of course there'll be challenges. Can't have life without challenges.

We had a quiet New Year's Eve celebration. Fun games and great food with the Lackmeyers and the Mocks, of course I party pooped out and we were home in bed by 10:30. I just can't make it to midnight anymore, I'm getting too old (of course, having a nap and not busting my behind all day would've been very nice too).

We're having a cold snap here, the temperature is a cold 28F with wind chills down into the 16 to 17F range. Feels like Chicago weather to me. That didn't stop Todd and I from walking around the building in a 24F wind chill during lunch time! We bundled up, gloves scarf, ear warmers, heavy coats, and hoodies. Then we walked very briskly, and boy do I mean briskly!

There was some debate in my cubicle today about how to refer to this decade. Is it "0 ten" or just "ten"? I said twenty ten or two thousand ten. What's your preference for this new decade? One thing I'm looking forward to is my birthday. The date will be 10/10/10! I'm stoked! This is going to be a great year!

Be safe and Warm out there this weekend.

Jim

2 comments:

Stamp With Linz said...

So can we throw a big party on 10/10/10? :)

Jim said...

NOPE!!! I just thought, this will only happen once this entire century and I'm going to experience it! it is soooo coool!