Saturday, January 23, 2010

Mexico

Hola!

My poor wife! I know, many of you say this because she is married to me (and me not knowing why-LOL), but I just returned home from a week long visit in Mexico, and I've already had a hard time communicating because my feeble mind wants to continue speaking to her in Spanish! It's just too funny that I have to stop and start speaking English with her cause my mind wants to go a million miles an hour in Spanish. Poor thing!

I was with several co-workers in Mexico this time and we had quite the experience driving around the Mexican countryside. The van we rented from budget, halfway up a mountainside, it's brakes failed! We still had to go down the other side! Then work all day, and then find a way back to the city with the airport! Budget would not send another car, so we left it in the little town and they were going to have it towed. Ahhh, the joys of travel! Makes my life so interesting I can't stand it!

While I was slaving away in 102F weather in Mexico, Princess only had to work three days this week. The one Dr. was out on Thursday, so Princess has a four day weekend, while I only get two days before heading out to the Dominican Republic. I know, isn't that the same island as Haiti? Why Yes it is! Even with all the earthquakes, aftershocks, etc, I'm still going there for work. It's going to be a very long day on Monday, and a very long week.

When I return from the D.R. as we call it at work, I'm heading to NJ for the weekend and the week. I've got some business in NJ & NY on Monday and I didn't want to travel all day Friday and then again all day Sunday, so this is a two-weeker trip.

We watched a new movie last night called Gamer with Gerard Butler. It was kinda Sci-Fi/action/shooter type movie - pretty bloody, but interesting. Plans call for a cooler weekend and we're hanging at the house, gonna do some errands, some cleaning, and maybe see a movie - oh and I'll be catching up on a last week's work! HA!

Jim

3 comments:

Kim and DeAnn said...

hey I got a kindle for Christmas, you may enjoy one for all your travel reading. Are you selling M & M's all these places??

Stamp With Linz said...

You lead an interesting life, my friend. May the D.M be good to you. :)

Leah said...

When do you get home to your sweet wife? And was the D.R. good to you?

Miss you guys,