Sunday, May 31, 2009

May?

May, where did you go? I fondly recall the start of May, the wonders the month held for me. Together, we painted the kitchen ceiling (yes the project started in January and is still not done), mowed and edge the lawn countless times, and received new garbage and recycling cans from the City.

We saw some movies, Star Trek, Ghosts of Girlfriends Past, and Wolverine to name just a few.

We flew on a 777 for the first time, and then again three more times as we traveled from Texas to NJ and back again - good times, yes, good times.

We celebrated Mother's Day! That was a great afternoon, eating lunch at Se Cocina, driving to Temple to shop Target, eating ice cream, and having a good laugh when Blakely fell asleep on our way back to Waco. We experienced our first 90 degree weather days together, a little early, so let's see if June can help us out and keep us under that mark for a few weeks (yes, paybacks are needed and required).

My nephew Kyle graduated from High School, the first of about 10 kids we know. Princesses niece Brianna will graduate next week, along with "K", our adopted daughter for part of the school year. The world is your oyster (or apple if you don't like oysters) so go out and get a great big bite and make your mark on this spinning rock we call home.

June, I'm looking forward to a fabulous month, don't let me down!

Jim

2 comments:

Christina Price said...

I just love reading your blogs!

Unknown said...

Hi Jim, I am glad I found this, I'm also glad you and Melanie are doing well. Give her my best and ya'll take care now!!! Also, on your trips to NJ tell Kim Tigue I say Hello too, if you see her and give her my email too won't you. Michele (Johnson) Read....sister-in-law, Dawn's younger much better looking sister, Henderson.....ringing any bells??? ha

micheler777@yahoo.com