Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Done Prepping

I don't have photos to show it, but the Price household is done prepping for Christmas.  We have the tree up and decorated.  We have the wreath above the fireplace.  We have the mantel set with nativities, and the Willow tree and Precious Moments nativities are in their proper place.

The tops of the book cases are done, and it is the least amount of decorating we have done in decades (I can say that cause see we've been married 21 years, hence "decades").   But, I'm not complaining.  We decorated for us, and for the Ornament party that we'll be having, but we didn't go all out (or as I like to say "Christmas Threw Up at our house").  We contemplated going to Vegas for Christmas, whether driving or flying, but decided to forgo it in favor of some much needed R&R at the homestead.

I'll take some photos and post them later.  We're having cold weather (yeah) except it is raining and windy and we had a bit of sleet.  Compare that yesterday to a high of 70+ and that was at 9:00 PM!  Tonight it is 34!

Be safe - keep warm, snuggle with the one you love.

Jim

3 comments:

Christina Price said...

Wow! No Throw up for Christmas!! Well it looks like great minds think alike. I blogged yesterday also. We will miss you guys but we completely understand the much needed R&R. Love you!!

Leah said...

That phrase was very funny.
I am so excited to come and see your decorations and hang out! Very excited. I need a night out with my husband.
That will be nice for you guys to get some R&R over the holidays. Take a few naps for me, will ya?
Did I mention I am excited for tomorrow night? ;)

Michele said...

I admit we are Christmas minimalists, but we think our street is so lame this year for decorating! Driving down it, there're hardly any lights up. But we've put up a few, and you'll notice an *almost* weeded flower bed!