Sunday, December 16, 2007

Preparing

I'm sitting here in the den preparing my Sunday School lesson. It's going to be a tough one today. It is on the Atonement of Jesus Christ. I have so far wept through the whole lesson preparation.

I know that at this time of the year, we are to celebrate the birth of the Savior, but this is the lesson assigned me. I know that I am not often very preachy here on the blog, but today I my heart is so full for the love I have for my Savior, for his birth, his life, his mission and especially for his gift of the Atonement. When I think of what he did for me, for us, I am especially grateful for his birth. I am thankful for his earthly parents, Mary and Joseph, and what they must of felt that night some 2,000 years ago when that precious child was cradled in a humble manager.

I am so grateful for my family, for my parents teaching me correct principles, for showing unconditional love even when I made mistakes. I am thankful for a wonderful wife who practices this gift of unconditional love. I am nothing without her, not one good thing would I have accomplished in these past 20 years, let alone this year without her Love, her encouragement, her faith in me to develop and grow and take on more responsibility in my professional life, my spiritual life, and my physical life.

Please forgive the weeping, please forgive me if I'm too preachy today. My heart is overflowing with the love the Savior has poured out upon me, upon us. My heart is full for the love of my older brother who celebrated his Birthday yesterday without a card from his forgetful younger brother. Happy Birthday Rich!

Continue to be good, do righteous works, follow the Savior, that is what this life is about, preparation.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

**passes Jim the tissues**

Oh for Pete's sake!!
I'm reminded of a classic Tom Hanks Quote: "..there's no crying in baseball - stop crying!!"

Now, Jim, you're the movie buff - what movie was it??

Seriously..if we all could just stay reminded of what you've blogged instead of gettting bogged down in the gift giving process, Christmas would be much more enjoyable.