Friday, August 03, 2007

July

July started out with a bang- literally a Fourth of July bang. We had a great party with our neighbors, then were home to not enjoy all the crazies and the fireworks.

Then on July fifth, I travelled to Mexico for work. There I got some bad news about my Mom and her Cancer, where of course I doomed and gloomed. BUT, she recovered from her issue, and she is at home and undergoing tests for a study she was FINALLY accepted into.

The rest of July is a blur. I made two separate trips to Canada, one to a really beautiful point in Northeastern Quebec, the other to Toronto for meetings. Both were good, but not a cool temperature wise as I would have liked.

Then a trip to Chicago for a team meeting, then a trip to Mexico again for work, and I just returned from Minnesota and Winsconsin.

Wenedsday night, we were driving back to Minnesota from Wisconsin and fortunately did not go near I-35. At 6:00 PM, an older bridge section collapsed in rush hour traffic, causing multiple deaths and injuries when about 50 cars plummeted into the Mississippi river. If we had gone the way our vendor told us to go, we might have been on that road stuck in traffic or worse. Instead, we followed Hertz Neverlost for the quickest way back and arrived safely at our hotel. I am glad I followed the inspiration given to me to use the Neverlost instead of following directions/maps.

So, you can see just how busy I have been with work and travel. Sorry for boring so many of you dear readers with no updates. I'm not even going to promise to do better. I will state that I will blog when I can with time permitting.

Jim

1 comment:

The Nielsens said...

So glad you followed inspiration and were spared. Good JOB!!!! You might say with INSPIRATION you are Never lost.