Saturday, June 09, 2007

Not enough

Blogging that is! That's what I was told by a friend of mine last night. I was amazed and confused. I really guess that my friend hasn't been reading thoroughly through my posts to find out that for all but three weeks of this year, I have been doing two, yes two jobs at work. My own lovely job, and that of my boss.

Quick recap "gilligan, gilligan, gilligan" as we move back in time! December and my boss has a beautiful baby boy, is out three and a half months. She comes back to work, and three weeks later, is promoted and moves sites and I am "awarded" the position of interim group manager. So the group has been without one person now for 6 months, I'm working tons of hours , not counting the travel (around 10 to 11 hours each day, sometimes more), the laptop up at home, fielding calls at 8:00 PM at night, and now checking on work things with the east coast, so that I can assure supply to one of the plants.

I certainly did not mean for my dear readers to think that I was neglecting my blogging duties, it's just hard to type when you come home from work, eat dinner, do the dishes, sit down for a few minutes and you're asleep in your easy chair.

Now back to the present - I'm typing, Princess is lying in the Mickey room, and we have a super busy day - so we're off to shower, hit the Golf Tournament to help set up goodie bags for kids, then on to Sydnee's 1st birthday party, then who knows what we'll do next. It's going to be a busy day and a very "bumpy ride". It's also become hot and muggy here - can you say 77 for an overnight low with humidity around 80% - YUCK! Summers here, Summers here!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Okay, I'm feeling better now. But some pictures sure would be nice. I can't help it that you are a big important candy-making man...that's just not my problem...my problem is clicking on your link day after day and finding NOTHING. That, in a word, is my problem.