Saturday, June 09, 2007

Family

We just got back from Sydnee's first Birthday party! She didn't know what to do with herself and all the presents, it didn't help that she is walking sooo fast, that I stepped one way, she came back into my path quicker than you can say walk, and I knocked her flat on the floor. She cried, big sister Ava cried, and I felt horrible.

While at the party, I got to thinking about family. We go throughout our lives worrying and caring for our families, Mothers, Fathers, Siblings, etc. Somewheare along the line in this journey, we meet people, acquaintances at first, then friends, then family. Sometimes this process only takes a minute, sometimes much longer with much laughter, and some tears. Above it all, I'm thankful for the "friends" that are not defined by blood relations and have become family.

Such was our case today. Princess and I went to the Blackhursts to celebrate the festivities. Everyone else that was there were tied to them through blood or marriage, except us. But we never felt like outsiders, just the contrary. We felt, feel like family, and they also to us.

This scenario has played out for us all our married lives - friends that are family. There is no other word for it. How grateful we are for this miracle in our lives. Dear friends we've watched you start families, in some cases, been at your weddings, been part of Baptisms, confirmations, ordinations, etc. We are so appreciative of the time that you spend with us, and the joy you bring into our lives.

Whew! That was just a little too deep for me - so I'll just say thanks - you've blessed our lives immensely - and we had fun at the party too...boy can that girl scream when she doesn't get her way!

2 comments:

Stamp With Linz said...

I couldn't have said it better myself...thanks for making me laugh & cry all at the same time. :)

amber said...

here here! it rocks doesnt it.