Wednesday, May 24, 2006

East Coastin' it

So, I left Waco this morning at 5:45 AM - only about 12 hours after I arrived home from Puebla. Flight left on time - I snored all the way to Houston, and we got to our gate about 15 minutes earlier than normal.

Now with my travels, I am at the top "elite" position with my favorite airline, Continental. When I checked in for the trip in Waco, the gate agent told me I had been upgraded, but the computer would not allow a seat assignment...she called Houston, was told to give me a seat in coach {:-(}. When I got to Houston I went straight to the gate and was told I was first on the list for upgrades. I smiled graciously, walked away and my spirits were dampened. I'm not one to ask for upgrades, but by golly when they tell me I have an upgrade and then take it away it really bites.

We boarded the plane, I took my seat in coach and struck up conversation with the gentleman next to me when all of a sudden the gate agent came down the aisle and moved me to First Class - whoooopppeeee!!! I love that first class stuff! Had a gourmet egg omelet for breakfast with a delicious fruit plate, watched a movie on my own private video screen and snoozed for just a little bit.

Got to New Jersey, beautiful weather I might add...and came to my hotel for some phone conferences. Just got off the phone with Princess and she is coming to New Jersey for the weekend! We will have 2.5 days of bliss together in the garden state. Well gotta go - it's late, I'm tired and have a busy two days ahead of me.

No comments: