Sunday, July 04, 2010

America

This weekend has been pretty great.


I spent a little over a week at home in Vegas and one day in SLC for work.  I was able to see family, friends, the in-laws, and get work done at the same time.  I did however get very little sleep and I'm trying to catch up on that now.


Thursday night, we had date night.  Dinner out and then to see Eclipse at the theater.  We both loved it and met some new locals, accountants and teachers (shout out to Angela, Jessie, and Angie) while waiting in line for the movie.


Both Princess and I had a ton of stuff planned, but the weather did not cooperate with us.  We had rain, more rain, and even more rain again (it did get warm enough today for me to edge and mow the wet grass), so we had a relaxing Friday, Saturday and Sunday.


What a blessed land we live in here in America.  Freedom to pursue a job, religion, life, all without the threat of a dictator or other maniac threatening to jail or kill us for how we believe.  I'm grateful for all the service men and women who have made this country so great, and those serving today to keep us safe and protect us from harm.


I'm grateful that we can choose to mow on Sunday, or let the weeds take over until we are motivated to mow them (although, that's just not my style).


I'm thankful for family, for good neighbors/friends, for a job that I love doing.  I'm thankful that I can fly the American Flag today and any other day of the year just cause I want to!


I'm thankful for a merciful God, A Heavenly Father who loves each and every one of us and who weeps when we weep, and smiles when we smile.


I'm thankful for purple mountains majesty, for great plains, and rolling hills.  I'm thankful for piney forests and for gulf coasts.  I'm thankful that we have a government that is elected by the people, for the people, and not the other way around.


Happy Birthday America!  Let us not forget our duty!  Stand tall!  Be Brave!  Lift up the downtrodden!  Work hard!  Have Fun!  Shake the hand of a soldier in the airport and bless him/her from the God on High!


Happy  Birthday America - Land that I love!


J

2 comments:

Kim and DeAnn said...

what a wonderful post! My heart is full, also, with feelings of gratitude for this great country and our freedoms, and the price paid for them. We had a great FOURTH. Glad you did, too. Hi to the girls!

angela e said...

Hi Jim! I finally made it over to your blog. Jessie and I saw Eclipse for the second time only two days after our first viewing - still loved it. Thanks for the shout out! : )