Saturday, April 10, 2010

It's Been Real...

But has it been real fun?  I guess that is the question of the day.


I returned home from Mexico and Guatemala with a stuffed up nose, head and chest.  The good news is the trip went really well.  Bad news is I'm headed back out to Central America on Monday.  Oh the fun never stops.


The Old People are still with us.  As you recall, I asked for a vote from you dear readers to help me with a new nickname for them instead of the "Old People" that sounded so harsh to my dear sweet mother-in-law.  So two people voted for option 6 - dinlaw and minlaw, one for option 3 - momma and poppa, one one for option 5 - Willy and Ruthie (although that vote CLEARLY is biased and therefore does not count.  Hence, I get to decide (still my blog, and I can still use words like "hence").


Drum roll please...the winner is none of the above.  Henceforth (again my blog, my use of the English Language as I see fit), I'm going to refer to my dear sweet mother-in-law as dsmil and my dear sweet father-in-law as dsfil, they are both abbreviations of the term, and follow along with other tried and true blogging abbreviations I have seen over the past four years I've been doing this.


So - Old Woman is now DSMIL, and Old Man is DSFIL (although I still reserve the right, my inalienable right) to refer to them as Old People which I have done for the past 22.5 years I've been married to Princess and which comes from a very warm spot in my heart.


My parents will be referred to henceforth as DSD and DSSM (Dear Sweet Dad and Dear Sweet Step Mom).  Hopefully these resolutions will serve to avoid hurt feelings with my DSIL's!


Oh HOLY CRAP!  This is too confusing - In laws are going to be Momma and Poppa, my parents are going to be Dad and Step Mother!  Ignore my early Saturday Morning ramblings! I must be out of my mind to try and remember all of this!  


Have a great Saturday!


Jim

2 comments:

Stamp With Linz said...

haha, very funny! I still like my suggestion. :D

Kim and DeAnn said...

just now reading this and OH I MISS YOU, DSJHOM!!