Saturday, August 16, 2008

Twenty-One

This my friends has been a great week.  Monday I was in Beaumont for work, staying until Wednesday.  As it turned out, I got to come home on Tuesday, a whole day early.

Thursday at 10:10 AM, Princess and I celebrated 21 one years of wedded bliss.  We both took the day off.  We slept in, had a nice breakfast, then went and celebrated with a movie.  We saw the Mummy 3.  It was good, not as good as the others, but enjoyable and entertaining.  

After we came home from the movie, we just relaxed, or as our neighbor's daughter says "chillax".   For our anniversary dinner, we went to China in celebration of the Olympics.  Actually, we went to Cathay House for some scrumptious grub.  We came home, watched some TV and retired.  Quite a great way to spend time together.

Friday we went to Austin to purchase a gift for Princess.  She got this, which is in her signature green color.  I got this (which was supposed to be all black, but by the time we got it home and I opened it, I didn't care).  I also got some movies which was great.

Today we have been furniture shopping.  We need a new matress set for our bed (15 years on a set rated for 10 years is really getting your money's worth), and we want new furniture for the living room.  We'll see what our budget holds for us.

Twenty one reasons I love Princess
1) Because of who she is
2) Christ like love
3) Talents
4) Smile
5) Beauty
6) Charm
7) Style
8) Love of God
9) Humility
10) Cooking (anyone who has dined around our table knows this to be true)
11) Crafts
12) Shopping
13) Love - she exudes it
14) Worker
15) Mother - she dotes on everyone
16) Reminds me of my Mother (in a good way)
17) Great Laugh
18) Sense of Humor
19) Patient
20) I'm the luckiest Man in the World
21) She picked me - I definitely married up!

Love you Princess - Happy 21 - Jim

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww how sweet was that :) Happy 21st Anniversary Jim & Melanie... xo

Christina Price said...

Happy 21. Usually you only get to celebrate 21 once in a lifetime. Love you guys! Can't wait til we see each other again. Love Christy