Sunday, November 04, 2007

Fun Times

Our Saturday was quite fun.

I got up at 6:00 am and let Princess sleep in. I quietly started the laundry, then came into the den to boot up my laptop. While going through the close to 400 e-mails, I would get up and do the changes from washer to dyrer. Well the phone rang and I jumped up to get it so as not to disturb Princess (little did I know she was up and showered. Well my neighbor called and informed me the "farm" was out front. You see, across from her, one of the neighbors has about eight chickens that they keep in their back yard (and let me tell you, there are no pens there).

Well, neighbor X had left for the weekend and left his back gate open. I went up and knocked on the door to try to wake up their teenage son, but that didn't happen, and in the meantime, Princess had come up the street to see the commotion. We could have been on America's funniest home videos - Princess and I decided to round the chickens up and put them in the backyard. It was too funny, Sue kept laughing and then Nita another neighbor came out and she laughed, then Princess and I started laughing, it was a riot! Picture, me with a stick running around a neighbors driveway shooing chickens through the back gate. Afterwards, we stood around and laughed about it.

Later, Princess, Sue, Macy and I went to see the Bee Movie (really, the kids did not get the jokes - more sienfeldish than kid funny). I would rate it a "Bee" :-D

We then did errands, watched "In the Land of Women" on DVD and went to bed. Now it is Sunday, lesson prepared, and going to iron my dress shirt. Have a great Sunday!
Jim

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Somehow, I can't see you running around chasing chickens. How can your neighbor have farm animals in a subdivision? Isn't there some sort of municipal code against that? Anyway, I'm surprised you didn't end up with a Chicken in your pot for dinner! LOL

lp

Leah said...

I would have loved to see that one myself! That sounds too funny!
You are VERY good to Melanie! I love that you were up doing laundry! What a good guy!